On Saturday, December 15, the Rio Metro Regional Transit District is hosting the 6th Annual Santa's Village at the Santa Fe Railyard. Join us for this free, family-friendly event featuring games, crafts, interactive displays, mini-train rides, and, of course, pictures with Santa! There will be extra north and southbound New Mexico Rail Runner Express trains to accommodate our guests.
Date: December 15, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: Santa Fe Railyard (Map)
Take the train north or meet us at the Santa Fe Railyard. See the Santa's Village Train Schedule (PDF)
Activities take place outside at the Santa Fe Railyard and inside at the Violet Crown Cinema.
- Pictures with Santa - Bring your cameras to take pictures with Santa
- Holiday Movie - The Violet Crown Cinema will show a classic holiday movie*
- Mini Train Rides - Hop aboard the Moose Caboose and enjoy the ride
- Interactive Model Trains - Become an engineer behind the switch of the Santa Fe Children's Museum's interactive train set
- Santa's Workshop - Create your own holiday craft, ornament or luminaria
- Face Painting - Wear your holiday art home with face painting by Cindy Farslow of Dancing with Dolphins Art
- Book Walk - Play to win FREE books from Read to Me Albuquerque
- Caricature Artist - Remember the day with a custom drawing by Peter Menice of Peter Menice Illustration
- Bingo – Play an easy game of bingo and win fun prizes
- Photo Booth – Take a silly photo with your family and friends
- Cookie Decorating - Create a delicious treat with the Railyard Park Conservancy
*Regular movie pricing applies
Exhibits and Vendor Booths
- Food - Hot food and beverages available from local vendors/food trucks
- Meow Wolf - Immerse theater and an interactive craft table Meow Wolf Style
- Toyota of Santa Fe - Look for the new Toyota on display and pick up free gifts and balloons while supplies last
- Enjoy holiday music from the FanFare Victorian Carolers, Partizani Brass Band, Duke City Sound, and more
Shop the Market
- Holiday Artists Market – Purchase crafts from local artisans
- Santa Fe Farmers Market – Fresh produce, meats, baked goods and live entertainment
Sensory Friendly Zone
This year we have partnered with the New Mexico Autism Society to create a sensory inclusive zone, featuring comfortable seating and sensory friendly activities. All attendees are invited into this calm space to take a break from the crowds and the noise.
Holiday Toy Drive
In the spirit of the holiday season, everyone is encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy which can be dropped off at the event. All toys will be donated to the U.S. Marine Corps Toys for Tots Program which distributes the toys as Christmas gifts to less fortunate children in the community. Donate a toy and receive a FREE train ticket!
Take the Train
Visitors from south of Santa Fe are encouraged to take the train to Santa's Village.
View the Santa's Village Train Schedule (PDF)
Trains To the Event (Northbound)
Two northbound trains will take visitors to Santa's Village. People can board the train at any station from Belen to Santa Fe to attend the event.
Trains From the Event (Southbound)
Three southbound trains will take visitors back.
Regular fares apply. Children 9 and under always ride free! Youth ages 10-17 receive a reduced rate.
View the Train Fares Webpage
Driving and Parking
The event takes place at the Santa Fe Railyard, just a few steps south of the Santa Fe Depot Rail Runner Station. Parking options include metered spots, Railyard pay stations, and the Railyard parking garage. For an added level of convenience, download the ParkMobile app for iPhone or Android to pay for parking in city lots using your mobile device.
View Driving and Parking Directions on the Railyard Website