Rio Metro Strategic Vision
About the Long-Term Strategic Vision
The Rio Metro Regional Transit District (RMRTD) and our partners have developed a bold, forward-thinking, consensus vision for transit's future role in the Albuquerque region.
Rio Metro collaborates to provide safe, accessible, efficient, and innovative transportation services for the benefit of our diverse local communities and the regional economy.
Rio Metro is a leader moving our region forward, connecting our diverse residents and communities, and supporting sustainable prosperity.
The following six core themes are included in the plan and will help guide future RMRTD activities to help achieve the mission:
- Exceptional Customer Experience - Our customers come first in all we do
- Transformative Regional Services - We provide a range of services to meet our region's diverse needs
- Strong Transit-Centered Communities - Our services help shape our communities for the better
- Sound Financial Stewardship - We are good stewards of the public resources entrusted to us
- Innovative Programs and Partnerships - We think outside the box and seek collaboration always
- Industry-Leading Knowledge and Practice - Our people take pride in leading the region forward
The project started in October 2014; the vision and initial strategies were adopted by the RMRTD Board of Directors in November 2015. Based on the Vision framework developed and vetted by the RMRTD Board members and key stakeholders, Rio Metro technical staff developed a list of potential implementation tactics to achieve the vision. There are 60 potential implementation tactics that may be pursued over the next 20 years. To help provide focus to near-term implementation efforts, 26 priority implementation tactics were identified that could be pursued as immediate next steps in the next five years.
- ABQ RIDE Visioning Workshop Summary (PDF)
- Board Visioning Workshop Summary (PDF)
- Briefing Book Presentation (PDF)
- Business and Community Outreach Summary (PDF)
- Public Workshops Outreach Summary (PDF)
- White Paper Economic Development Potential of Transit (PDF)
- White Paper Peer Agency Review (PDF)
- White Paper Transit Operations and Organizational Options (PDF)