Large Group Guidelines
To ensure that your ride is safe and enjoyable, we recommend that any large groups traveling on the New Mexico Rail Runner Express follow the guidelines below.
- We recommend that groups with children follow these minimal supervision requirements:
- Age 0 to 5: One adult for every three children (1:3)
- Ages 6 to 10: One adult for every six children (1:6)
- Ages 11 to 16: One adult for every ten children (1:10)
- Passengers are welcome to bring their own sack lunches / meals on board the train. Please make sure that all trash is disposed of properly.
- Parking for school / private buses and vans is free at all stations except for Downtown Albuquerque and the Santa Fe Depot. Parking lots in the vicinity of these stations charge for parking and are not owned or controlled by the New Mexico Rail Runner Express. If you plan to park at one of these stations, allow for extra time to locate a parking space.
- Larger groups of people (20 or more) are strongly advised to purchase their tickets online or arrange for a single representative of the group to purchase all tickets from a ticket agent on the train (this will save some time and cut down on the confusion). The New Mexico Rail Runner Express Ticket Agents accept cash, Discover, MasterCard and Visa only. Online tickets can be purchased using Discover, MasterCard and Visa only. The New Mexico Rail Runner Express does not accept checks, purchase orders or credit cards that are not listed above or below.
Group Rates For 25 or More Tickets
Groups or agencies may purchase discounted bulk all-zone day passes in quantities of 25 or more tickets.
Groups Traveling on the Same Train
- The group must be associated with an organization.
- Travel arrangements must be made at least 10 business days prior to the travel date by contacting the Rio Metro Customer Service Manager at 505-843-1706.
- The group will receive a $2 discount off the one-way or all-zone day pass price.
Groups Traveling on Different Trains on the Same Day
- Groups must purchase individual all-zone day passes from the Rio Metro Customer Service Manager by calling 505-843-1706.
- Travel arrangements must be made at least 10 business days prior to the travel date.
- The group will receive a $2 discount off the all-zone day pass price.
- Organizations must submit an approved purchase order for tickets to the Rio Metro Regional Transit District office.
- Payment is due within 30 days of invoice.
- Checks should be made to: Rio Metro Regional Transit District.
For more information on group rates please call 866-795-RAIL (7245).
New Mexico Rail Runner Express Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. View the Ticket Policy.